"To Kinda Lounge Around" was composed by Enoch Light, Bobby Watson and Brian "Raydar" Ellis. The first Revive Big Band arrangement I wrote. It remains one of our most popular and influential arrangements that showcases many big band memebers as well as my unique arranging approach.
This particular composition, entitled "To Kinda Lounge Around," was jointly crafted by Producer, Rapper and DJ, "Raydar" Ellis and myself. Revive Big Band doesn't do a performance without playing this tune which is why it is positioned as a defining piece in RBB's repertoire. If you wish to experience the melodic brilliance of this arrangement, a downloadable MP3 will be made available on our forthcoming debut album, "Like A Tree It Grows." As always, we encourage you to stay "tuned" in to our updates - pun intended!
- Hip-Hop/Hard Bop Jazz
- Big Band
This arrangement showcases the renowned Nicholas Payton on trumpet, whose masterful performance pays homage to Art Blakey & Bobby Watson through his deliberate cascading lines and tasteful stylings.
Moreover, the open solo section at both letters D and K allows for various instrumentalists to take the lead. Thus, this arrangement can be versatilely employed for diverse performances.
- 5 Saxes (Tenor Sax Solo), 4 Trombones, 4 Trumpets, Drums, Upright Bass/Electric Bass, Piano/Keyboard, Guitar, Optional Vox/Rapper
THE OFFER CONTAINS
- Downloadable PDF - Music Director Notes directly from Igmar
- Downloadable PDF Score
- Downloadable PDF Parts
- Downloadable PDF Solo Changes
- 2 Downloadable MP3's - MIDI & Live Show Performance!
- "To Kinda Lounge Around", is a featured arrangement on RBB's debut album "Like A Tree It Grows", stands as one of the band's most defining pieces. This song has served as a soundtrack to many of my cherished jam sessions, embodying a sense of camaraderie among fellow musicians. The arrangement aimed to showcase the unmistakable harmonic stylings and rhythmic phrasings of the legendary Bobby Watson and his tenure with Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, fused with the artistic influences of Enoch Light, Brian "Raydar" Ellis as well as Igmar's own unique arranging styles.
- For optimal authenticity and efficacy, this arrangement mandates the expertise of a versatile and imaginative drummer fluent in both Jazz and Hip-Hop. The piece can be performed adeptly with either upright and electric bass or solely with electric bass throughout the entirety of the composition.
To Kinda Lounge Around
Zip File will be available to download upon purchase.